With a long list of to-dos that can sometimes cause more stress than satisfaction, we are often faced with the familiar question: What do I tackle first? Here, I’ll share some of the strategies I’ve tried and my personal method for organising and how to prioritise your time effectively.
The benefits of prioritising time effectively
Our brains need motivation to commit to trying new things, creating new habits and sustaining them. Let’s start by identifying what you stand to gain from organising your priorities.
How could your career, life, and relationships improve?
- Organisations reward and promote good time managers – people that are consistently organised, productive and meet their deadlines.
- Having more time for family, friends, hobbies and health will bring more balance, fun and fulfilment to your life, you’ll have more time to do what you love with the people you love.
Three traditional approaches to prioritising your time
With the benefits in mind, let’s talk about some strategies you can try in your own career, business or life to categorise and organise your to-do list by priority.
To read the rest of this article you need to be logged in as a subscriber.
Haven't subscribed yet?
Subscribers get access to:
• All premium content and articles.
• Articles in The Homeworker digital magazine with quarterly themes.
• Discounts on events, masterclasses and courses.
• Networking and community events.
• Videos, talks, downloads and guides in the Subscribers Lounge.
• Subscriptions start from just £25/year